Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Paisalicious skates!

 This is one of Paislee's new nicknames.. She is WAY into the Pinkalicious book series right now so she absolutely loves when we call her Paisalicious. In fact, I notice Jayson and I have all sorts of new names for Paislee.  She responds to any and all of them. Goof Mongoose, Munk and Paisalicious are the most commonly used ones.. I guess I didn't realize how weird they are until typing them out... Poor child has such strange parents...
Over a month ago Paislee started waking up with dry diapers at night which is a HUGE deal for us.  I had no idea how in the heck to potty train her through the night and over night she did it herself! Where did you come from child of mine!? Gosh I love her! To help keep her motivated we have planned fun little things for her to do if she continues to keep her panties dry throughout the night.  The other day, in honor of one of her favorite pinkalicious books

we planned a trip with the family to the ice skating rink!
Paislee had so much fun! (minus the fact she was freezing, poor child has a very forgetful mom these days.  I mean seriously, ice skating and no coat, gloves or hat? Go me..)

Probably not the smartest thing to do when you are pregnant might I add... See this little boy

Don't worry, i'm not a creep, I didn't take that picture! I found it on the internet so I could show you what I used the entire time we were ice skating... I looked pretty handicap with my "walker", but I have seriously bad balance to begin with, so adding a belly to the mix REALLY affected my ice skating skills...I used it for the safety of my unborn child (I just wish we had gotten a picture of me using it, pretty funny!)


Here you see me pictured with my loving family, minus my walker. Literally the second I let go of it to take this picture I FULL ON fell  ("full on" means as ungraceful as you can possibly get) right smack on my back and tail bone.  Luckily it wasn't my stomach right?? I wish it had been caught on film so bad. The mental image just kills me. Pregnant woman lets go of her "walker" to snap a family photo and BAM! She hits the ice! I was pretty sore the next day to say the least.... I'm just glad I had my pregnant belly to blame my lack of balance on because we all know I probably would have fallen regardless...

Now, every time we read "Pinkalicious, pink around the rink" when we get to the page where Pinkalicious falls while ice skating Paislee says, "Look Mom! She fell just like you!" She will never forget that...
Cutest skates I've ever seen! I never even knew they could come so small!   It's so fun how little activities such as ice skating is so much more fun when you have a kid of your own.  Watching them experience new things really is so rewarding as a parent!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun family date! Paislee is seriously so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good mom! I can't get over how cute your daughter is either!

    ReplyDelete