Monday, September 20, 2010

My Boss

I probably have the best boss on the planet.  He is seriously such a fun guy to work for.  He is not your typical "doctor".  I feel like he is more of a Dad to me than he is a boss.  He made going to work every single day (and making the long drive from Farmington to 3900 S. in pure traffic) alot easier.  I LOVE my job and I am so glad that he asked me to come once a week to help out at the office.  I don't even consider my job to be a job... It is somewhere I look forward to going and always have a blast when I am there.  I love what I do.  Working with patients, learning about their lives, seeing how the surgical procedures we do often times changes their lives for the better.  I love it!  I love assisting in the surgeries, taking care of the patients and working in the office.  What makes all this even THAT much better is I love all the girls I work with.  I have worked there for 3 1/2 years and have seen alot of girls come and go because of school, babies, moving etc. and I can honestly say I have loved every single one of them and am still close with all of them too.  I feel so blessed that I have a job. Period. And that the job I have is so fun to me that I don't even think of it as a job..

Dr. Egbert every so often plans fun little adventures for us girls in the office.  Last year (or maybe it was the year before) he flew us to Hollywood to see WICKED and spend the night.  Last month he flew us to Vegas where we had a blast!  We went to see The Phantom of the Opera which was amazing! We were on the 4th row, dead center! You could literally see every detail of the amazing show! (like when they would spit and stuff....haha)We ate at cheesecake factory and spent the night on the vegas strip. I can't believe how crazy people are there... We spent the following day laying out by the pool and just having fun with us girls.  It was so much fun!  I really do have the best boss ever!


4 comments:

  1. What an awesome boss! Those jobs are so hard to find! I'm sure he appreciates you coming in, too! It's so nice to be able to have something to look forward to once a week, and who can complain about some extra cash? :)
    I love hearing about whats new in your little family! It's hard to keep in contact with all the girls we grew up with, but blogging is so great! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Agree!! I just wish we got to work with each other more often:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I want to work there and once a week;) It looks like the girls you work with are way cute. And oh my goodness, I love the fall blog header! You'll have to show me sometime how to do that! Loved seeing you guys and want to see you hottie boom ba latties soon!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. To this day Dr. Egbert is the best boss I've ever had! It's hard now to work for anyone else!!
    I might be coming to Utah for a week or longer in the middle of October... we should get together!

    ReplyDelete