Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Breastfeeding Withdrawals
Well folks, what a bitter sweet moment this is... I say this with a tear in my eye...Yes it is true, I have officially stopped breastfeeding. sniff sniff. As badly as I hated breastfeeding the first month of Paislee's life I am heartbroken that it is coming to an end. I always thought I would try and breastfeed till Paislee was at least one, but my body had different plans. Once we started introducing solids to Paisers I slowly noticed my milk going away...She no longer needed to eat every 3 hours or so which was lovely, yet I noticed my milk wasn't coming in as well. So what did I do? I immediately tried feeding Paislee way more often and trying to get my milk supply back. Have you ever tried breastfeeding a non-hungry 7 month old who is interested in anything and everything besides eating? NOT HAPPENING! So that idea didn't work.... So I carried on with feeding her like I was (low milk supply & all) and what happens....CONSTIPATION! I swear Paislee was constipated every single day (give or take 1 or 2 days a week) and I felt so bad for the poor little bugger. I didn't realize I was the reason until about 4 weeks into the constipation when I decided to give her formula during the day and breast feed her only in the morning and at night. It cleared up just like that! Well, as I switched to the morning and evening feedings what happened??? My milk obviously took a turn for the worse. Can I really only breastfeed my child if I am feeding her every 3 hours? Stupid boobs. So I have finally decided to stop trying & move onto the money sucking formula. I think I am handling this change far worse than Pais. On a more positive note, I am super excited to get my body back to COMPLETE normal now. Hopefully this engorged feeling doesn't last too much longer.....I feel like I am going to POP! Anyways, enough about my breasts and milk.... I love my little Paislee Ann and can't believe what a grown up girl she is now! Now I just need to get her trained to not pull my shirt down and or try to suck on my boob through my shirt in public...Although it shows she is getting smart and learning, its quite embarassing to say the least (especially when you are trying to make new friends in your ward and your holding a baby that is pulling your shirt down and biting at your boobs...) Thanks for letting me vent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha that whole post made me laugh. I would love to see you handle the whole pulling down your shirt/sucking on your boob through the shirt thing. I can just imagine! I'm sorry that's been such a pain in the butt though! Oh, let's get together soon! Ronnie is having Jayson withdrawals...
ReplyDeleteThats so good you were able to do it for that long though! I had to go back to work when Mack was 3 months and he didn't nurse very well after that, so I'm pumping every 3 hrs and still have to supplement him with formula. I know what you mean about bitterweet!
ReplyDeleteSame thing happened to me... I made it until seven months, and tried just the morning and night thing, and boom.. Milk gone. Baby happy perfectly fine with out me... tear... on a happy note--- it is rather wonderful to leave your baby and not worry about pumping! =)
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, I laughed out loud. I miss you!
ReplyDeleteI needed a good laugh, thanks for giving that to me today! I have heard that stopping breastfeeding is emotionally hard...hopefully it will turn around for the better.
ReplyDelete"stupid boobs..."
haha!
haha you crack me up girl! I sure miss you! i'm so glad I can finally read your blog now so i can stalk you and your cute little family :) hehe
ReplyDeleteps i was going through all my pictures last night to pick out some for the wedding video and boy do we have some funny ones! brought back some good memories haha we were awesome
ReplyDelete