This funny little lady........
is POTTY TRAINED!!! Woot woot! I can hardly believe it. It was seriously SO easy. Where did this child come from? Every milestone in this girls life has been cake.. From getting rid of her bottle (all that took was putting them away and giving her a sippy) to sleeping in a big girl bed (which she STILL doesn't even get out when she wakes up or is getting put down for her nap) to now this!
I have a feeling I'm in for a naughty child next since Paislee literally has been SO SO easy.
This fabulous orange piggy bank I found at Tai Pan a few weeks ago. Paislee fell in love with it the second she saw it. She is always wanting to put "monies" in it.
Last Monday we decided we'd take the plunge and see if she was interested in using the big girl potty. I have never felt rushed since she just barely turned two but I felt like she was smart enough and could grasp the concept easily. So, first day I put her in big girl Dora panties and showed her that when big girls go potty in the big girl potty they get to put MONIES in the piggy bank! Whoa she thought that was pretty stinking cool....
Notice how much she loves that bank.....
I then showed her the "Dora potty chart" where she could put stickers on each time she went potty. After 2 stickers, she would get a prize (a big bouncy ball) and after 5 a new book (the Dora Potty Book which I highly recommend!) and after 10 stickers, a DORA DOLL!! Yes, Paislee loves Dora...
I had to keep a close watch on her all day. I didn't leave her side because I knew it might take a while for her to figure out the feeling you get when you need to go. I gave her lots of sippies of juice so I knew she would have a full bladder. She only had one accident all day, but it was fairly exhausting having to put her on the potty over and over again trying to catch the right time when she'd need to go.
Day 2 I went to work, and Jayson was in charge...That day, didn't go so well....haha poor Jayson was a frustrated daddy. He just didn't have quite the touch mommy had... I got home that night and once I was home, Paislee told me she needed to go potty. This was so exciting because now we knew she had figured out when she felt like she needed to go! Since that moment she has done AMAZING. She now tells us everytime she needs to go and will even go into the bathroom and go by herself..
I of course cried after the third or fourth day after it all sank in that my child was potty trained..Now she REALLY is a big girl. I was dreading the whole potty training thing and I can't believe within a couple of days she was done! For some reason she is scared of sitting on the toilet without her potty seat though. So anywhere we go she ends up holding it forever cause she's too scared to go on the public toilets. Any advice on what to do there would be great..... Maybe it will just take time for her to get used to it..
Some prizes I got that she would get after getting more and more stickers on her chart that I feel like REALLY helped with the whole process:
-barbies
-blow pop suckers
-mini magnidoodle
-Tarzan dvd
-books
-puzzles
-2 dollar bills for her piggy bank
Those are just some ideas of things for you mommy's out there who are thinking of taking the plunge any time soon! My biggest advice is to stick with it and bribe them with something they love (treats, toys, stickers or money for a piggy bank!) I basically had to use all four of those, but HEY it worked!
I'm so happy to have that milestone out of the way. It was something I was NOT wanting to do because changing a diaper a few times a day isn't all that bad. It just seemed alot easier than taking the time to do it. But I am so grateful we did because it turned out to be a VERY positive experience. Okay okay, now she is officially a toddler. I'll let myself come to grasp with that concept now I guess......
so cute! congrats pais!!!
ReplyDeleteor should i say congrats kylee and jayson! ha ha thats awesome!!!
I literally have this on my calendar for next tues, wednesday, and thursday. We're doing it- throwing the daipers away! I'm terrified. Wish me luck!
ReplyDelete