Monday, October 25, 2010

1st Annual Witches Party!

I decided this year that I wanted to start a new fun tradition with all of my cute girlfriends.  This year was our first annual witches party! This is a new tradition I am super excited about! It will be something fun for me to plan and have at my home each year so that all of us girls can get together and have a fun time.  The invitation went as follows(if u click on it you will be able to read it better):
The evening started off with a yummy dinner of broccoli cheese and chicken chowder soup (with spiders in it...) in wonderful bread bowls shaped and colored like pumpkins(compliments of Angie) a wonderful salad from Marianne, wonderul desserts shaped like spiders and pumpkin cookies from Caroline and Britt, chips and salsa from Whitney and Apple Beer supplied by Aanni.  It was a wonderul meal to say the least. Nothing is more fun then sitting around a table eating and laughing with your Besties.

We spent the remainder of the evening playing fun games like this:

Mummy wrap! We split into teams of 2 and each had 3 rolls of toilet paper.  First one to use all their rolls of paper win! Caroline and Whit won...But the mummy designs of everyone was simply magnifcent!
Team Aanni/Whit, great form!

Team Marianne and Kylee, Closterphobia to the max

Team Angie/Britt, wonderful placement!
Team Caroline/Whit, The Winners!!
The next game I created was a game of pin the wart on the witch! Everyone chewed a piece of green gum (gross I know) and after being blind folded and spun around in circles had to pin the wart on the witches nose.  It was loads of fun and funny to see how off everyone was. 
Britt was our champion and won this fabulous witches mask!

There was also a game where we created our own scary story. It is kind of too hard to explain how we did it, but we turned the lights off and took turns with a flashlight reading different parts of the scary story in our best witches voice.  This led to a ton of laughing! And the story ended up being way funny too! I think Angie won for best witch voice! It was way fun.  The rest of the night was spent sitting around talking and just having fun with everyone together.  Our first annual witches party was a success! I can't wait to start planning next years!





3 comments: