We celebrated Paislee's 1st birthday this past week with a big fiesta at my parents house. All of our families, grandparents and close friends came to celebrate. It turned out way fun! We had a yummy dinner with pork tacos, beans, rice, fruit, chips and salsa and yummy salads. It was so fun to have everyone close to us there to celebrate the birth of our sweet little Paislee. She received so many wonderful gifts and had a blast playing with all of her little friends. I was so involved in the party that I hardly took any pictures! :( My sister snapped a few shots for me but the pictures don't show too much. We had a pinata hanging for the little kids, my parents goats tied up for the kids to play with, the pool open for anyone who wanted to swim and a slide Paislee got for her birthday out where the little kids played on it. Here are just a few pictures from the partay!
Unfortunately Paislee had a fever and wasn't feeling too hot on her birthday...I felt so bad for her
This was the cupcake and pictures of Paislee display. You can't really see the cupcakes so here is a picture. They were way yummy if I do say so myself!
Jayson, Ty, Hill and I made this sign on Sunday for the party. It was a fun Sunday activity!
Jayson liked having "his" Mexican flag hanging everywhere
Paislee didn't even hesitate to dig into her cake
Paiser was lucky and got two birthday parties since her birthday was on a Sunday. My mom made a fun birthday cake for after our family dinner and my Grandma and Grandpa Wood came over. We had practiced blowing out the candle and anytime she would see a candle she would automatically start to blow. But, when she saw the fire on top of the candle it was a little scary for her so our practicing didn't really work...
Whats a birthday party without a frosting war?? I love how my husband is the child who always initiates immature things like this.. That's why I love him!
- She weighs 22 lb 12 oz (74%)
- She is 29 inches long (47%)
- Her head is 19 inches!!!(99%) Paislee got the Adam head! haha
- She started taking full steps at 11 months and was full on walking at 11 1/2 months
- She will not crawl anymore, she LOVES walking
- The forward facing carseat is now her favorite thing!
- I can't believe how easy she is...STILL!
- She no longer drinks bottles which I heard it can take awhile to wean babies off of and with Paislee I just stopped giving them to her and she did fine!
- Her favorite foods are green beans, watermelon, tomatoes and grapes. (which is so funny because when I was pregnant I craved green beans and watermelon every day)
- Paislee catches onto things really easily. I feel like I don't even have to teach her things she just figures them out on her own. She is very observant. For instances, we were at Ty's football game and she saw the ref put his arms up when they scored a touch down and everyone around was yelling TOUCH DOWN!!!! Next thing we knew, anytime anyone would say touch down she would put her arms in the air like the ref...Like 2 min later she was playing on the ground with the rocks whispering to herself "tuts don tuts don tuts don"
- She is awesome at copying what you say without you even repeating it or teaching it to her. Some of her latest words are cracker, jesus, touch down, ya!, no, whats that!
- Paislee continues to sleep awesome. She wakes up between 7:15 and 7:45 every morning.
- She takes 2-3 naps still which is such a blessing. Each nap is from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours which gives me a nice break during the day I love it!
- She knows Spanish really well, almost all of her tricks she does she knows in spanish too. We ask her how big are you, her arms go up, we ask her how old she is, she puts 1 finger up, we ask her where is mommy or daddy or where is my nose/toes/eyes etc. and she can point to them. I can now say all those things in Spanish too!! haha so hopefully I can learn with Pais how to speak Spanish as she grows up
- She has had no problems switching to whole milk which I was worried about. She likes the taste and does great drinking it!
- When we pray as a family each night she will get on her knee's with us and fold her arms. Occasionally she will look and see that our eyes are closed and heads are bowed so she will bow her head and close her eyes. haha it's so fun watching her learn and catch onto things





She is so cute Ky!! I'm so sad we couldn't make it to the party, it looks like a blast! See you Friday :)
ReplyDelete